“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
What Is The Difference Between Removal and Remediation?
One important thing to know about mold is that mold spores exist practically everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, naturally. So the concept of "removing mold" is technically impossible. Mold spores don't start trouble unless a source of water is presented, which is why a quick response to your water damage event is so crucial in order to avoid a full-blown infestation.
Here at SERVPRO of Baytown/Channelview, we understand how mold operates. We have the proper training and certificates to handle a mold remediation job of any size. If you are in need of mold remediation services, don't hesitate and give us a call today!
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (281) 422-7292
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (281) 422-7292
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Baytown / Channelview is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2210 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: